Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spam Messages

Is there a way of deleting spam messages at all? I presume that someone with admin rights would have to do this, if this is the case, can someone be promoted so they can keep an eye on the messages posted and delete if neccessary?

I understand that we all have things to do, but whoever gets the job wouldn't have to spend much time each day checking new posts.

Also, if someone had this job, they could also delete any old posts that have been answered, thus keeping the posts down to a minimum, allowing the posts that have links to downloads to stay near the top of the discussion boads.

Anyway just an idea to throw out there.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays & a happy new year.

Comments

• I DONT MIND DOING IT, I SPEND ALOT OF TIME IN THESE FORUMS ANYWAY :)
    AND VARIOUS FACEBOOK SITES WHERE I SPEND THE DAY DELETING CRAP
  • sounds like a very good idea to me..hope it comes off
  • I did message Chris about these and asked him if he could put a report button on here. He said that he would look into it.
  • GodlsDJH, bigmarkoliver, 212hayabusa and Rusty21, I have to join you all in saying that they are good ideas, far too many of these *%$@#s messing everything up for all. This site is a brilliant site and we don't need it screwing up by them.
    Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to you all.
  • Thanks for the support :) hopefully someone can be appointed to do this. Not only will it cut down on the spam that is creeping onto the site, but also remove older posts that have been answered, thus keeping the posts that we are all interested i.e. download opportunities near the top saving user having to hunt them down. I know that finding posts at the moment is not that much of an effort as this board is relatively new, but give a few months/years and there could potentially be thousands of posts.

Anyway, as I've said it's an one idea that could potentially solve a problem.